Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Subtle Hint

You know it’s time to get yourself into shape when someone (who is not a stranger) asks you if you’re pregnant.

Yeah, I know.

So, let’s not even get into good manners or decorum here. I really don’t want to get started on why on Earth anyone in their right mind would think it’s okay to ask someone this very personal question without first surreptitiously pre-verifying with someone else in the know. Never mind that this particular person knows a little of my history (for more information see my former blog www.AdoptingAdela.blogspot.com). No, there’s definitely no need to get into all that.

The fact is that I am sufficiently out of shape that someone assumed I couldn’t possibly be that fat and therefore must be pregnant. I wasn’t especially looking for additional fuel for my Fab by 40 fire, but if I was, this definitely would be it!

No comments:

Post a Comment